Friday, 25 July 2014

Another report

As I make progress on my project, I learn just as all gain is not monetary not all progress is code.

From the time of my last report (Sorry Myriam since it was more than a week ago), I have not written any "pushable" code i.e. only some code has been changed that serve as markers (like a TODO) for future work or some really minor bugs fixed that I stumbled upon as I use my flavor of Amarok.

Anyway, I was going through the collectionscanner code, trying to understand how it works: it as another process that the main Amarok process communicates with. It is designed to go through files and directories and mark files that are useful to Amarok. Like .mp3 , .ogg , etc. I am thinking to add .lrc to this list. For this I will have to create a class whose instance would represent an lrc file.

After this I will need to add these lyrics to the Amarok database. I still haven't been able to decide should I make this change in the generic core/collections/Collection.cpp class or the core-impl/collections/SqlCollection.cpp class. When this is over, I will just have to save the lyrics as lyrics tag and the LyricsApplet will pick it up.

3 comments:

  1. I read, enjoy and learn from your blog. Thanks! Keep on posting.

    Bunch
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leslie :)
      I'll keep posting. In fact I'm working on my final report right now

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this post. Keep it up. Hope to read more post from you guys.

    kieth
    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete